Back in January, 2011 I wrote an article about Mashable’s 10 Sites to Watch. The list included Kickstarter, Quora and FourSquare, to name a few. Obviously we recognize those names, but I thought it would be interesting to review the full list of 10 and see where they are today. Here we go…
1. Kickstarter.com – At the moment I am writing this, Kickstarter has an Alexa global rank of 632. Damn, that’s awesome!
2. OpenLeaks.org – All the site has to offer is this. quote: “Reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else.”
― George Orwell, 1984
3. Klout.com – If you had any Klout, you don’t any more. As of May 25, 2018, Klout is kaput.
4. Hipmonk.com – I’m actually amazed to see this travel site still exists. Go you brandable badass!!
5. GiltGroupe.com – Resolves to Gilt.com. Still running a designer site and Guilt is a great name.
6. JoinDiaspora.com – Not sure on this one. There is a site but the most prominent portion of the page reads “This is not the diaspora* project website.”
7. Quora.com – I love this site. Alexa global rank 92, bitch!
8. GrooveShark.com – Nadda
9. Drupal.org – I still haven’t tried Drupal, but it’s alive and kicking.
10. FourSquare.com – Alex rank 2,244. Not bad at all. I still have never used FourSquare but still see it referenced quite often.
What are the 10 sites to watch in 2019? Give us your opinion and maybe I’ll look back on it in 8 years and see if you were right.