Mashable Lists 10 Websites to WatchMike Sullivan
On Monday, Mashable listed 10 Websites to Watch in 2011. The headline caught my eye not because I was interested in the prediction of which sites would be hot, but because I wondered what type of domains these sites were using. Generic key word domains are my favorite, there is no denying that. So I was hoping to see more of them in the list. Check out the Mashable article if you are interested in the actual sites.
Mashable’s 10 Websites to Watch in 2011
- Kickstarter.com – Technically a generic name used in a branding sense. Great concept behind the site as well.
- OpenLeaks.org – To be honest, I’m all leaked out. I like to see a dot org in the list.
- Klout.com – I suppose the “K” works, but Clout.com would be way better. See how much Klout I carry.
- Hipmonk.com – That sounds like a travel site, right?
- GiltGroupe.com – Resolves to Gilt.com, a better name in my opinion.
- JoinDiaspora.com – Maybe after everyone joins, they’ll buy Diaspora.com
- Quora.com – I think this is a real word… not one I use.
- GrooveShark.com – Dancing sharks… I actually tried this site out and it was pretty cool. Plays music on the fly.
- Drupal.org – I haven’t tried Drupal. WordPress is my thing.
- FourSquare.com – I’m alright with the name. I haven’t tried FourSquare and I’m just not into the concept. I also said the same about Twitter at one point.
What do you think? Post your opinion.