Here’s another one from the archives I dusted off and updated with a few more thoughts. I know I am looking for trouble with this one, but it’s all in good fun. I welcome my female readers to fire back with their own comments.
- There’s always someone waiting to grab it when you let ’em drop.
- They can be expensive to acquire.
- It’s hard to let some go, even though you know you’d be better off.
- The wrong one can get you into legal trouble.
- They’re always more attractive when someone else has them.
- Some of them just don’t make sense.
- You’ll never fully understand them, but can’t live without them.
- They are everywhere you look.
- You google them to find out their history.
- You love them, but it seems to be a one way thing.
5 Ways a Domain is Like a Man
1. Its owner always overestimates the …um… asset.
2. You shake your head at its bad performance but keep the fact to yourself.
3. You always wonder who its got backordering it on the side.
4. You know it complains about you to other domains.
5. It won’t get its own damn sandwich.
Lol. touché – I like 2 and 5 the best
And one way in which they are not alike: The more traffic a domain name gets, the better. With a woman, maybe not so much.
6. They all have a period.
7. Smaller is often better.
8. They were built for shopping (commerce).
9. It’s impossible to get numbers.
Mark’s got my back.
10. With domain names or women, beauty is often in the eye of the beholder.
They both prefer a developed property.
#4….hmm…I try not to do that anymore. 🙂
Domain- A Same Visitor or Unique visitor is not enough.
Woman- A same Visitor is better, (and staying away from unique visitors is always good), Same visitor is always safe.
Domain- There is always a domain behind a successful domainer.
Woman- There always a woman behind a successful man.
Cheers love this post.
And here’s a soppy one..
If you develop and nurture it, it could turn out to be a great addition to your life, and pay you back in dividends.
OMG did I just write that, where’s the bucket 🙂
This is one of the best posts this past few weeks. Love the replies as well 😉
they like lots of people looking at them. 🙂
and they like to look pretty
you made my day 🙂
10. If you find the right one, she can change your life.
they get better with age?! 🙂
the good one’s are all taken but you can still get one from a strange country
10. All the good ones are taken . . . but if you’re really determined you can still easily go online and get your dream one from some obscure European or Asian country.
@Joe & @Adam… don’t know how I missed that one.
I’d be remiss if I didn’t end this blog by saying: a domain’s got nothing on a woman! The sweet kiss; the sweet perfume; and the music of the night! Woman 100, domain zero.
Domains means you earn cash.
Women are the exact contrary.
Very funny post…liked it
What about aged domains…
And what about only .com
Any funny answers?!
@Ravi – could make for a good post 🙂
– The renewal fees seem to go up every year.
– Once you drop them it’s hard to remember their name.
– If they have a twin, you are in big trouble.
– They often payoff more late at night.
Sully..this is my first time posting on your blog, but I own a couple of domains that prove your point;
Sorry you won’t be in nCredibleVegas™, but I’ll share some Incredible Memories when I return.
@Richard, that’s for dropping by. Yes, let’s connect after NamesCon