It’s been a couple of weeks since I listed some good examples of solid keyword, generic domains that are pointed to other domains. This week I came across some more that I though were good examples and some not so good. One of the products involved has an interesting background.
- Bubble.com points to Cainer.com (a zodiac site… I don’t see the connection).
- CordlessPhones.com is Ahern’s site, a company selling cordless phones
- PlasticBags.com is the Professional Packing Systems site
- Robotics.com points to ArrickRobotics.com
- Snow.com is a Vailresorts.com site
- Reloaded.com points to Atari.com
- Aggression.com points to WWE.com
- Squeeze.com to FMA.com ( a company tied to over 100,000 domains)
- BrassKnuckles.com loads BSProducts.net
- PeanutButter.com is the home of Skippy peanut butter
That last one made me curious. I would have expected PeanutButter.com to forward to Skippy.com, so over to Skippy.com I went to check out what’s there. To my surprise, it’s a site dedicated to Percy Crosby’s “Skippy” cartoon character from 1923 to 1945. The site alleges a huge conspiracy surrounding the Skippy name and that it was allegedly stolen from this cartoon with no credit given. At one point, It’s an interesting read, and an entertaining one as well. It seems as though there is some strong support including the fact that Percy Crosby once had the trademark invalidated, but the parent company of Skippy was later given the rights. Check it out at Skippy.com if you’re interested in learning more.