Even More Companies That Find Value In KeyWord DomainsMike Sullivan
As you might expect, I send out emails several times per week looking for end users for domains. I received a call from one recipient of my email that didn’t understand what I was trying to convey. Once I explained, she said “why would companies want to buy a domain name if they already have a website?” She wasn’t trying to be a smart ass, she was actually asking so that she could understand where I was coming from.
I used this as a good opportunity to drop a couple of the previous examples I had posted. To be exact, I used the “Toohpaste.com points to Crest.com” and “Honda also uses Scooters.com to get more visitors to their site.” At that moment, she got it, and she realized the benefit. Unfortunately, she was not a decision maker for the company but ensured me she would get my message to the right person…. we’ll see.
But since I love this concept, I have a few more examples to share.
- Drinks.com goes to DiamondStandardVodka.com
- Eat.com goes to Ragu.com
- Sleep.com goes to Mattress.com
- Drumsticks.com is register to Zildjan, but when I checked the name did not resolve to any site.
- Shades.com directs to SunglassHut.com
- Chips.com goes to Intel.com (I was expecting potato chips)
- BabyBottles.com goes to iis.net, a Microsoft site (and I have no idea why)
- Locks.com is Acme Security System’s main site
- Storage.com goes to ExtraSpaceStorage.com
- Lift.com goes to OtisWorldWide.com (elevators)
Let me know if you are aware of any others or when you come across some. I love these.