By now, you you probably know this is one of my favorite things to do. That is, point out how companies are using generic keyword domains to further promote their business. I’ve mentioned how I like to drop examples in conversations with prospective buyers to hint at how this can help them promote their own business. I see it as a form of education for the prospect. Here are some more examples I’ve come across.
- Weigh.com forwards to Totalcomp.com (Scales)
- Worms.com is the site for 1-800 COMPOST
- Words.com to Dictionary.com
- Poontang.com goes to JustFreePorn.com
- Glasses.com goes to 1800contacts.com
- Fuses.com goes to littelfuse.com
- BarberChair.com SalonFurniture.com
- SnowBlowers.com goes to Loftness.com (commercial products)
- RidingLawnmowers.com goes to GrasshopperMowers.com
- Porkchops.com is the Calumet Diversified Meats company site.
The evidence is endless. Why are these companies using generic keyword domains? Because it works!